top of page

If your BRP Lost or damage, We can apply for its replacement.


You can report your biometric residence permit (BRP) lost or stolen from inside or outside the UK. You can only order a replacement from inside the UK.

The Home Office will contact you within one working day of reporting it.

You can get someone to report for you, for example a legal representative, a charity, employer, college or university.

You will not be able to use your BRP if you find it after you report it lost or stolen

If you’re in the UK

If your lost or stolen BRP was valid for 3 months or more, report it and apply for a replacement. You must do this within 3 months of losing it.

You can be fined up to £1,000 and made to leave the UK if you do not apply for a replacement within 3 months.

If your BRP was valid for 3 months or less, you must do one of the following:

  • report it as lost or stolen if you do not intend to remain in the UK after its expiry date

  • apply for a replacement if you plan to leave and re-enter the UK within 3 months of its expiry date

  • apply to extend your visa if you want to stay in the UK after its expiry date - if granted, you’ll automatically get a new BRP


If you’re outside the UK

You must report your lost or stolen BRP outside the UK.

You cannot apply for a replacement BRP outside the UK. Instead, you’ll need to apply for a ‘replacement BRP visa’, which lets you re-enter the UK once only. It costs £154.

You can apply for a replacement BRP when you return to the UK. You must do this within 3 months of reporting it lost or stolen unless you have a good reason, for example, you were unable to return to the UK in that time.

If you’ve been away for over 2 years and you’ve lost your documentation proving your right to live in the UK, you can apply for a Returning Resident visa.

For a more detailed discussion regarding your case, please book an appointment or call us now on 07835601240 

bottom of page